Monday, January 21, 2013

Not the Bravest


My brother and I play XCOM Enemy Unknown.  So we had a good kick seeing this:

It's funny cause its true.  LOL

Now we got that out of the way, I'd like to copy and paste an epic email about Final Fantasy All the Bravest.  FYI, I sent him a link with an unfavourable review.


===

For a $4 iPhone game, this seems to be a "You get what you pay" type of situation.  I don't think I'd want to do any serious gaming on a Smart Phone simply because of the power level, so from my perspective, I think this review lets people know what they're going to get.

Having said that, if I need to wait 5 minutes for a friend, I'd be happy to pull this out and waste time with a low-substance game with nostalgic and familiar elements.

I can easily see how this is quite a lacking game that's more a cash grab than anything else, but if you removed the Square Enix elements from it, and just had a bunch of characters fighting monsters, I think this would be a hilarious game to play.

Personally, I think the author is expecting a bit too much from a $4 game, and it's emphasized because it's from Square Enix.

My complaint, however, is that it's $4 for a LOT of reused and rehashed materials.  Music, sprite art, and concepts have have existed in the FF World for so long - I'm not convinced that the game system is worth $4 of design/implementation/programming/marketing.  I'm not comparing it to a $70 game, because realistically, this would sell more copies since more people have $5 and a Phone than $70 and a Console.  I think at $2 or $3, this would be more reasonable, but like Hello Kitty, add a special name, and you can charge more.

===


Other review's are equally if not more scathing.

PWND!!

No comments:

Post a Comment