Sunday, September 8, 2013

Bench Table

Finally got around to building that bench table I needed for the garage.

I had it all planned out.


Eight 2x6s@eight feet.  Five 2x4s@eight feet.


Cleared the garage and started with the legs.

So far so good!  Yeah, no.  The architectural plans lied.

Off by 6" to 8".

Good thing the scroll saw is already plugged in.

Oops.  Today's lesson is:
Measure like a woman, cut like a man.


This is way harder than that black dude from the Old Spice commercial made it look.  Guess I'm turning this table 180 degrees now.

Polish off the tray and ...


*Slow Clap*

Aesthetics - 10  Great sense of asymmetric balance
Functionality - 10 It works
Cost Effectiveness  - 10 Nope.  Nothing at Ikea's "as is" section
Style - 10 I'm in tears just thinking about it

Will I build anything else for my house?  HELL NO!
I'm getting some Maple Crown and watching Star Trek

No comments:

Post a Comment